Enjoy our varietal honey with a piece of honeycomb inside.
The Valley Hive Loves Bees!
When you purchase honey from The Valley Hive, you can feel confident that you are getting 100% raw, unfiltered honey. Our varieties are influenced by seasonal blooms and made by responsibly farmed local Southern California bees. Once you’ve had our honey, we think you’ll agree, your taste buds will buzz with delight!
How Honey Is Made
Honey is flower nectar collected by bees and broken down into simple sugars. Bees store the nectar in hexagon shaped wax cells inside the beehive where the constant fanning of the bees’ wings causes the nectar to evaporate creating sweet liquid honey. The color and flavor of honey varies depending on the nectar collected by the bees.
Honey Flavor Profiles:
• Orange Blossom Honey is light in color with a hint of citrus.
• Sage Honey is our lightest honey with the softest flavor palate and sweetness.
• Wildflower Honey changes slightly in color and flavor from season to season depending on the types of flowers that are in bloom where the hives are located.
• Buckwheat Honey is rich, earthy, and sweet. This California native plant can be seen blooming all over Southern California in late Spring and Summer. A dainty white flower, it produces a thick nectar, and a seriously bold flavor.
• Avocado Honey is dark in color and the flavor is rich and buttery, more like that of molasses.